Sunday, March 19, 2017

Story Boarding
So I have started to storyboard the first trailer but I have run into some challenges. The first one is that when story boarding a comedy trailer I need to have the jokes in mind that I plan on using but without the script written it's hard to do. And to do the script I need to have a storyboard to flesh out the lines. I am going to start to write as I make the Storyboard now so I don't run not that problem. Another problem was the jokes, my target audience is teenagers (13-19) so I need to come up with jokes that they find funny and that connect with the story. I am probably going to spend a whole day writing comedic moments for the trailers and I'm sure I will film many takes with different jokes to get it right.



I was thinking of how I want my story to be conveyed through my trailer and I have come to the conclusion that I want the same kind of flow as the dead pool trailers, but not rated R and not about cancer. It starts of like a serious drama trailer but then it becomes a silly comedy one. I want to start my trailer off in a similar way where the main character if having a hard time, people are yelling at him, but when he thinks of the idea of the pizza challenge it starts to get into the silly humor of the film. The beginning of the Dead pool trailers are darker( as I said more dramatic) and then it gets brighter. I will want to follow this technique but to a small degree because my film is of a more light hearted tone.
I want my film and the audience to be fully aware of the stupid funny nature of the film and situation, I don't want people to leave thinking that it was stupid, I want them to think wow that was dumb but also really funny. I have chosen to create what I think is one of the hardest emotions to generate in an audience because good comedy relies so heavily on topical events funny situations and past experience of the audience member. I believe that I have created a funny situation and now as I write the script and storyboard I need to think about the audience and what they find funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment