Wednesday, March 1, 2017

     This year I have decided to create 2 Comedy film trailers for my project. I know that making a comedy is going to be hard because it has to be funny but I believe I can do it. I chose this because in order to create a good final product I need to be fully invested in my idea. Last year I was but I got carried away by the idea and in turned out sub par. Comedy films can be about any subject depending on the audience and I think that if I were to create a more serious film it would not turn out good because I wouldn't be as invested I am with comedy. Most comedies are not solely comedies they are combined with another genre. For example:Romantic comedy.

    SUB GENRES OF COMEDY FILMS

Slapstick: physical comedy, visual jokes that don't need to be understood just seen for comedic effect. (The mask, three stooges, Ace Ventura Pet detective.)
Screwball:combining slapstick and verbal comedy in a wacky film, mostly romantic comedy.
Dark: comedy focused on darker elements like death and war.Also sarcasm and illness. (Beetle juice)
Spoof: making fun of a well known piece. (Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, Scream, Austin Powers.)
Other sub genres include: Teen films, Political Comedies, Parody, Family Comedies, Comedy Thrillers, and many more.


I will be doing more of a verbal comedy film, although it will use visual and auditory elements for comedic effect. The film won't try to be serious and I will try to create a film that is fully aware of what it wants to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment